Monday, June 25, 2012

Awash with Flowers Birthday

When I buy paper, specially a flower one, most of the time I think of the stamps I have that will mimic the paper.  In this case as soon as I saw the paper I thought of the Awash stamp set.  I wanted to make the flower in red and pink so I took out Blushing Bride ink pad and Riding Hood Red marker.  I first stamped the outline in red then the solid part in pink, but as I was getting ready to stamp I took the marker and carefully went around the border of each petal. I huffed on it and stamped.  Love the results.
I personally had never seen this done, but I will try it again and maybe even make a picture tutorial.
Should I? It's very simple.  Enjoy!
XOXO Gisela

3 comments:

  1. Your DSP goes perfectly with your stamp set! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gisela! That flower does match your patterned paper beautifully! I have not heard of "huffing" before - I'll have to look into this. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautifully unique card, Gisela. Love the colors, image and textures! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete