Friday, April 19, 2013

Birthday Balloons

Several ideas came to mind when I saw the sketch from Retro Sketches: flowers, hearts, stars, but I decided to go with balloons.  Color Throwdown had colors that I thought would create a pretty card.  I embossed the white background with birthday hats (I think yellow would have been a better choice).  I cut the balloons with the Cricut and also embossed two of the balloons for dimension. Cut a thin strip of blue and yellow paper for the curly ribbon.  And finally I glued them with thick glue dots at different levels.  Enjoy!
xoxo Gisela


 

3 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Love your textured balloons and background, a fabulous card!
    Thanks for visiting!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card! Love the brightly colored balloons against the white background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute birthday card! Love the fun embossed background and you did a great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete